Our hire and demo fleet is on constant rotation to ensure that you get a great bike. If you like your bike and want to take it home, just ask and our staff will calculate a sale price based on the number of times the bike has been used.
We advise booking in advance, so please call, or email, to check bike availability for your proposed dates. Payment must be made in full to reserve bike(s) for your booking. Your fee is refundable (minus a £5.00 per admin fee) up to 7 days before the hire date.
We have bikes available for all sizes/ages including a range of children’s bikes from tiny balance bikes up. Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. We do not hire child seats, child trailers or tag-alog style children’s trailer bikes and do not permit the fitting of these to our hire bikes as they are not suitable for use on many of the trails at Coed y Brenin.
As different manufacturers have varying size ranges and geometry, we fit bikes based on your height, not the size of bike you normally ride. Therefore, when making a hire booking, please try to have all rider heights to hand.
If you have any questions regarding hire bikes please call 01341 440728 or email: email@example.com
Our standard hire bike at Coed Y Brenin. A good quality mid-range model from Trek, fitted with reliable Shimano components, hydraulic disk brakes and a bump eating 100mm Rock Shox suspension fork.
All sizes available.
Prices: Day £25.00 | Afternoon 1-4pm (non-bookable) £18.00 | Damage Waiver £3.00
The bike model/type is dependent on size and current availability. Call for details.
The versatile Trek EX 7 is our standard full suspension bike at Beics Brenin, sporting Fox fork and rear shock, with it’s mix of Shimano and SRAM component spec. It’s 29″ wheels eat up Coed y Brenin’s rocky terrain and fly down swoopy singletrack. All sizes available.
Prices: Day £45.00 | Afternoon 1-4pm (non-bookable) £32.00 | Damage Waiver £5.00
Trek Fuel EX Junior 26″
There is now a Fuel EX for the younger rider, offering 100mm travel front and rear from it’s custom tuned X-Fusion fork and shock. With geometry adjusted for the younger rider with more standover room and a lower bottom bracket. The EX Jr is suited to riderd from 1.3 m and 1.52 m (4’4″ and 5′) tall.
Prices: Day £45.00 | Afternoon 1-4pm (non-bookable) £32.00 | Damage Waiver £5.00
Premium Full Suspension
These are our super bikes, expect to see the latest top end trail/enduro bikes from Trek. The fleet is always evolving but right now we are running the 2017 Trek Remedy 9 RSL in 27.5″ wheel sizes. Please call if you would like to check exact availability and discuss your requirements.
Prices: Day £75.00 | Afternoon 1-4pm (non-bookable) £50.00 |
Damage Waiver £8.00
Children’s Balance Bike | 2.5-4 yrs
Aspiring mountain bikers everywhere learn better on a balance bike. No stabilizers or pedals, just a saddle, handlebars and a pair of wheels. Hire for 2 hours or the whole day. To be used with supervising adult on foot and OK to use on the smooth walking paths around the visitor centre.
Prices: Day £10.00 | 2 hrs £5.00
Children’s Single Speed bike 16” Wheels | 3.5 – 6 years
The next step up from a balance bike – single gear, pedal-back brakes, simple and light. Hire for 2 hours or the whole day. To be used with supervising adult on foot and OK to use on the smooth walking paths around the visitor centre.
Prices: Day £10.00 |2 hrs £5.00
Children’s Mountain Bike 20” Wheels | 6-8 yrs
A proper mountain bike for little rippers. Light alloy frames, twist grip gears, suspension forks and powerful V-Brakes make this bike the master of the green and blue graded trails at Coed Y Brenin. Hirer must be accompanied by a riding parent or guardian.
Prices: Day £12.00 | Half Day £8.00
Children’s Mountain Bike 24” Wheels | 7-10 yrs
A proper mountain bike for bigger little rippers. Light alloy frames, twist grip gears, suspension forks and powerful V-Brakes make this bike the master the green and blue graded trails at Coed Y Brenin. Hirer must be accompanied by a riding parent or guardian.
Prices: Day £15.00 | Half Day £9.00
Little rippers | 130cm to 152cm in height
Fuel EX Jr (26″ wheel)
Fuel EX Jr is Trek’s first performance full suspension mountain bike designed specifically for kids. Based on the popular Fuel EX platform the EX Jr features 90mm of suspension travel front and rear via its X-Fusion Velvet RL fork and Microlite RL shock. Shimano gears and powerful hydraulic disc brakes complete the package. Hirer must be accompanied by a riding parent or guardian.
Prices: Day £45.00 | Afternoon 1-4pm (non-bookable) £38.00 | Damage Waiver £5.00
Electric assisted pedal bikes (eBikes)
Pedal assisted electric bikes, often called eBikes, are a great way to allow riders of different fitness levels to ride together more enjoyably.
These bikes feature a powerful electric motor that provide additional energy to supplement the riders pedal stroke allowing you to ride further and climb with less effort. It feels a little like having a good tail wind, with each pedal stroke enhanced by the power of the motor.
Until recently, the range of eBikes capable tackling rough terrain was very limited but technological advancements have allowed motors and batteries to becoming lighter and smaller allowing them to be incorporated into a modern mountain bike design. These exciting new bikes open up the trails to riders of limited fitness and strength allowing them the opportunity to ride alongside fitter or stronger riders on a standard mountain bike, effectively levelling ability and range.
We currently hold 3 Trek Powerfly full suspension bikes. The powerfly is based around Trek’s proven Fuel EX platform offering superb bump chomping suspension, 27.5″ wheels with 2.8″ plus size tyres that offer superior grip and control on the rocky trails of Coed y Brenin.
Power is delivered by a reliable and powerful Bosch Performance Cruise motor, the range and capability of which is dependent on the terrain and use. We fully explain the bikes features and capabilities when the bike is hired so the rider knows exactly what to expect.
Range of sizes available
Trek Powerfly+ FS 9 LT PLUS
150mm travel – Powerful Bosch Motor and long life battery with sophisticated power management system. Long travel suspension and Plus size (2.8″) tyres for a confidence inspiring, sure footed ride. Rock Shox Fork, Rock Shox rear shock and Sram/Shimano components.
Day Hire: Powerfly+ Day hire £75.00| Afternoon 1-4pm (non-bookable) £50.00 |
Damage Waiver (optional) £8.00
To book your hire of a Trek Powerfly at Beics Brenin or for prices and more information please call or email us.
In conjunction with the Challenge your Boundaries charity in Dolgellau, we manage and hire 3 adaptive bikes, for use on the green and blue graded trails at Coed Y Brenin, by less able riders. These are specialist one-off bikes and as such require training and accreditation before unsupervised use.
Please call or email us to find out more.
Bike Hire Terms & Conditions
- All hire bookings require payment in full. We are unable to hold or reserve bikes until they have been fully paid for. In the event of cancellation your hire date can be rescheduled or the hire fee refunded up to 7 days before the hire date. No changes can be made within 7 days of the hire date.
- Under the terms of our hire agreement, accident and/or crash damage is chargeable to the hirer. We offer an optional damage waiver, which covers the cost of equipment repair as a result of accident and crash damage during the hire period. If you choose not to purchase the waiver then you will be held responsible for the cost of any damage that may occur to the bike whilst it is in your possession. Please note that the waiver specifically does not cover:
- Deliberate or reckless abuse.
- Theft of the bike.
- Incorrect adjustment of the bike by the hirer.
- Beics Brenin reserves the right to terminate the hire agreement and take possession of hire bikes, without refund if, in the opinion of company staff, the bikes are being used in a reckless manner or being willfully abused.
- Helmets are included in the bike hire price and must be used at all times.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- We require photo ID (driving license or passport) to be left with us for the duration of the hire period.
- Rental period is from 09.00 until 16.00. Bikes returned late will be subject to a late return fee of £15.00 per 1/4 hour.
- Our bikes are for use in Coed Y Brenin forest only, for trail and XC use. Bikes may not be removed from the forest park. Bikes may not be used for competitive racing, shuttle access downhill riding or any other type of organised event.
- We do not permit the fitting of child seats, child trailers or ‘tag-along’ style children’s trailer bikes to any of our hire bikes. These items are not suited to use on many of the trails at Coed y Brenin. The fitting of stabilisers to our children’s hire bikes is also prohibited.
- All hardtail bikes come supplied with flat pedals only.
- Full suspension bikes are supplied with flat pedals, or we can supply and fit Shimano SPD clipless pedals for £4.00 per day. If you would like to use your own pedals, please let us know at the time of booking and bring them along. No extra charge will be incurred, but they must only be fitted by our staff.
- Adaptive bikes may only be hired by accredited riders i.e. those that have undergone a day’s training & accreditation course with Beics Brenin or another approved provider. Beics Brenin keeps a list of certified accreditation providers. Hire is provided according to the terms of the accreditation i.e. solo, accompanied etc.